Power Games and Micropolitical Competence in Academia
When: Mon, 11.12.2023 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Digital
Please note: This workshop is aimed exclusively at female* early-career researchers!
In Germany and elsewhere researchers are embedded in specific hierarchical constellations. The theoretical approach of micropolitics and its conceptual enhancement provide a framework to grasp systematically the manifestations of the everyday uses of (informal) power in organizations. In this online workshop you are offered opportunities
- to deepen your understanding of the processes and the games played in your own environment,
- to reflect on your own roles in micropolitical games – as “victims” or “agents” – by a systematic and unbiased approach,
- to identify resources in order to enhance your own micropolitical competence.
- Science system and organization (focus on Germany)
- Micropolitics, power games, power resources
- Typical 'arenas' in academia
- Rooms for maneuvre & micropolitical tools
The event is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge. Please register here.
Target group: female postdocs, junior research group leaders, w1 professors