Publishing Journal Articles: Strategies for Success
When: Thu, 15.02.2024 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Where: Hamburg Research Academy, Digital
Journal articles should be published to influence the field – not simply to increase the list of publications. This advanced workshop is designed for researchers who have already begun their publishing journey and are seeking to refine their strategies. We will navigate the publishing and peer review process, with the aim of enhancing acceptance rates.
- The current publishing landscape
- Developing a long-term publishing strategy for maximizing impact
- Strategies for selecting target journals
- Metrics in scholarly publishing: controversies and best practices
- The different types of peer review
- How to communicate with editors and reviewers
- Strategies for self-promoting
- Copyright, licenses and plagiarism
- Embracing open science: Open access and beyond
- Artificial intelligence in scholarly publishing
The event is open to all users of the Hamburg Research Academy, participation is free of charge, please register here.
Target group: doctoral researchers, postdocs