Advising and Coaching
Career opportunities for scientists are manifold. You can specifically aim for a professorship or another position in science, or decide on a career path in business and society. The SICSS informs you about general conditions and supports you in making specific plans and decisions regarding your personal career path. SICSS provides support in overcoming challenges in the postdoc phase, such as taking on new tasks, positioning in the (new) work environment, leadership responsibilities, conflict management, etc.
Tailor-made career advice and coaching
In addition to providing information and communicating general conditions, especially for a career in science, the professional and strategic planning of your career path is the focus of career advice or coaching. Tailored to your individual situation, we discuss your starting position, develop, and optimize your next career steps.
Possible topics of career advice or coaching include:
- Reflection and development of career goals and plans
- Recognizing strengths, values, and motivation
- Identifying and developing your skills and potential
- Professional positioning
- Strategic career planning and setting milestones
- Strategic use of third-party funding acquisition
- Reflecting on decisions for future career perspectives and developments
- Applying to job offers and self-marketing
- Dealing with work-related challenges, such as taking on new tasks, positioning in the (new) work environment, leadership responsibilities, handling conflicts, time and self-management, networking skills, etc.