Advising and Coaching
Career opportunities for scientists are manifold. You can specifically aim for a professorship or another position in science or decide on a career path in business and society. The SICSS informs you about general conditions and supports you in making specific plans and decisions on your personal career path.
Tailor-made career advice and coaching
In addition to providing information and communicating general conditions, especially for a career in science, the professional and strategic planning of your career path is the focus of a career advice or coaching. Tailored to your individual situation, we discuss your starting position and develop and optimize your next career steps.
Possible topics of a career advice or coaching:
- Reflection and development of a career goal and career plans
- Recognizing strengths, values and motivation
- Seeing your own potential and developing your skills
- Professional position determination
- Strategic career planning and development of milestones
- Strategic use of third party funding acquisition
- Reflection on decisions for further career perspectives and developments
- Application to job offers and self-marketing
- Dealing with work-related challenges, such as conflicts at working environment, time and self-management, networking skills, etc.