Advising and Coaching
Career opportunities for scientists are manifold. You can specifically aim for a professorship or another position in science or decide on a career path in business and society. The SICSS informs you about general conditions and supports you in making specific plans and decisions on your personal career path. SICSS provides support in overcoming challenges in the postdoc phase, such as taking on new tasks, positioning in the (new) work environment, leadership responsibilities, conflict management, etc.
Tailor-made career advice and coaching
In addition to providing information and communicating general conditions, especially for a career in science, the professional and strategic planning of your career path is the focus of a career advice or coaching. Tailored to your individual situation, we discuss your starting position and develop and optimize your next career steps.
Possible topics of a career advice or coaching:
- Reflection and development of a career goal and career plans
- Recognizing strengths, values and motivation
- Seeing your own potential and developing your skills
- Professional position determination
- Strategic career planning and development of milestones
- Strategic use of third party funding acquisition
- Reflection on decisions for further career perspectives and developments
- Application to job offers and self-marketing
- Dealing with work-related challenges, such as taking on new tasks, positioning in the (new) work environment, leadership responsibilities, dealing with conflicts, time and self-management, networking skills, etc.